Kratom got sickly yellowed lea

Kratom got sickly yellowed leaves ?

Khlorotic Kratom Kured... easy peasy...

Gotta get the minerals they need inside of them. They can suffer from iron poor 'blood" too...

This means both having the minerals in the soil and having the right pH for them to be easily absorbed.

PRO TIP... try a bag~o~black-kow, if all else fails and you don't know what to do.

.  Plant starter too... for the baby clones... pH of the drained waterings were adjusted to a slightly acidic 5.5~6.0 pH, from a more alkaline 7.5~8.5 pH. Some others have had to have acidic fish fert (for potted kratom) or Black Kow (for big in ground trees) added to decrease the pH.  Must be that alkaline limestoney soil here..... Now the newer leaves reflect the ability of the plant to absorb nutrients such as iron, manganese,  magnesium, etc.. thats better!. Potted kratom especially has pH problems here. Epsom salt and iron sulfate help acidify this alkaline potch and release nutrients to be absorbed.  idk yet if older chlorotic leaves will green-up ever. The new ones are happy now..

Treated with slightly acidic Black Kow...

New leaves are GREEN

last edited by peteypyro

@peteypyro got a potted one with one side green, the other chlorotic.  This is what happens when I don't spread the pH correct top dressing evenly. One side's roots carry nutrients to one side of the canopy,  and the other side's feeds the other side of the foliage. 

Potted Kratom has extra challenges.  

love these posts keep up the good work!

Gee, I hope it reads 7.21. The runoff from the 15 gallon pots is easy with a $15 ebay cheap meter.

great to diagnose which way you need to swing the pH for optimal nutrient absorption,  mostly metals for photosynthesis like iron,  magnesium,  manganese,  etc. Kratom is a bit picky for a narrow happy pH range of 6.5-7,5 or so. They get REALpicky in pots, and hyper picky in full sun. They like the dappled light of a rainforest.  Happy at last. New growth with a newer pH of 7.2. Phew! 😆

@peteypyro Tape to read pH is very cheap ($5~6 Ebay) for a 500 inch roll, good for 500 + dip tests.  Just peel off a smidge, dip, and compare the developed color to a chart to read the pH .

For a bit more. Wide range pH dipsticks in a tube of 100 e($10~12 Ebay)....

easy easy peasy.  😁

. I like these dip sticks as they can read a wide range from lemon juice to baking soda 

Happy cooking... errr, I mean Kratom growing.  

pro tip......  Kratom in pots like to run a bit on the acidic side only if they receive a lot of water. Mine actually like effluent of fish fertilizer at pH 8 !  

last edited by peteypyro

@peteypyro

KWD GROUP GROWER'S POLL:

Who has what pH for their irrigation water and what for soil?  If known, that might help others nearby with nutrition problems with their trees. 

Behold, 

the repurposed veggie tray as a catch basin for pH testing sample collection 

My well water in DeLand Florida is 6.5 but the sandy soil in this sea-shell footed state here reads pH 7.5.

....... A closer look....

I got  a combined pH average of 7.2 in the water running out of thr pots after a few minutes of flushing. This is a reasonable pH, as that is between my slightly acidic 6.5 pH well water, and the mildly alkaline 7.5 Ph soil.  

STARBUCKS ROCKS.  FREE COFFEE  GROUNDS. LOTS. LOW ACIDITY, NOW ...

Ammonium Sulfate  really acidifies, and adds nitrogen too...   

I'd rather err on the side of being more acidic since the soil gets more alkaline as the rainy season progresses....  It leaches a lot out and leaves the soil a bit basic. 

Aged and composted manure or fish fertilizer will bring that acid back, along with lots of nutrients that can be absorbed easier now. I save my fish heads and bury them near plants too, as a nitrogen rich treat. I'll  try growing beans underneath them next, as soon as they get taller so there is room beneath the canopy.

Go Kratom🌲🌲🌲🌲🌲 Grow Kratom    🌲🌲🌲🌲🌲🌲🌲🌲🌲🌲🌲🌲🌲🌲🌲🌲🌲🌲🌲🌲🌲🌲🌲🌲🌲🌲🌲🌲🌲🌲🌲🌲🌲🌲🌲🌲🌲🌲🌲🌲🌲🌲🌲🌲🌲🌲🌲🌲🌲🌲🌲🌲🌲🌲🌲🌲🌲🌲🌲🌲🌲🌲🌲🌲🌲🌲🌲🌲🌲🌲🌲🌲🌲🌲🌲🌲🌲🌲🌲🌲🌲🌲🌲🌲🌲🌲🌲🌲🌲🌲     I have a dream,  a world full of happy kratom trees, in a utopian world without a FDA, in which Scott Gottliebs don't enter into the nightmares of our childrens terror. .......... IMHFO

last edited by peteypyro

And if all else fails. Try photoshopping it..

Here's ya damn red kratom....lol

@guywithtrees. THANKS.  I hope I'm not posting too much....🤔   

COMING SOON...  The Hydroponic &  Aeroponic Propagation and Culture of Kratom... 🍾       and ground level 'air layering' in the 'dirt'.

Not trying to blow up your server but....

😁            ..... just love kratom!

@peteypyro asked

KWD GROUP GROWER'S POLL:

Who has what pH for their irrigation water and what for soil?  If known, that might help others nearby with nutrition problems with their trees.” 

My tap is over 8.5 so I have to pH every time I water. I use the GH pH Up/Down kit to bring the pH down to 6. That’s for both watering and feeding. Usually runoff is within 0.5 of that. 

Totally agree on the importance of pH. Primary, secondary, and micro nutrients are all best absorbed in the 5.5-6.5 pH range. Beneficial microorganisms in the soil are also happiest in that range. 

My big girl and her new friends all seem happy too. 

when you use the Black Cow do you just spread that around the base of the tree? Yellowing leaves is a constant problem for me and as you said especially in the potted plants

@roadkill I love black kow. Just dress around the drip line of the plant. The only reason these aren't growing 12 feet a year is that I limit how many bags each plant gets annually. 😉

If fish fertilizer was cheaper, they'd get a diet of it. The fish heads have tons of every trace mineral that ever washed into the ocean. The infamous 'acidity' associated with it actually helps absorption by the roots.  

.                    ~ The elusive pyro ~

Most soils in North central Florida need more acid for efficient nutrient utilization. 

last edited by peteypyro