I was talking to a guy this we
kratom mod Grower

I was talking to a guy this weekend that owns a Kratom bar locally. He was talkin to me about his source and was telling me it's hydroponically grown and that the quality is superb. Which got me to thinking. If it takes 4 or 5 years before the plant is producing the proper alkaloids how can they possibly be hydroponically growing trees of that size? Or is there a way to produce what we want in shorter periods of time and on smaller plants

last edited by roadkill

I would question if that kava bar owner is really sustaining his operation with hydroponically grown kratom. A lot of the kratom vendors believe they are getting certain things when they’re being lied to. Take strains for example - all made up for marketing. You often hear vendors make claims about their leaves harvested from the wild etc, but most really have no control over leaf sourcing and Indonesian suppliers will tell them what they want to hear. Do you know if his source is Indonesian? Was he offering powder or crushed leaf?

On another note , unless there is science out there that shows trees cannot develop the alkaloids til an older age; I  think the farmers and growers of kratom may be attaching on to a consensus theory when in reality, some young leaves could be potent. I think Older trees will give you a greater odds at harvesting potent leaves, but it’s not impossible for young plants to have potent leaves if they’re healthy strong and getting the nutrients. If a young tree has some dark green, dense and thick leaves, those leaves will probably be potent is what I think. It’s possible that with hydro you could have young trees that are rich in alkaloids. Are you able to share what kava bar this was? I definitely want to look into it. If he really is getting hydro, that sounds pretty awesome. 

last edited by Andrew Goldin
kratom mod Flowers Grower

Couple of blog posts from Magick powers potions debunking the theory that young trees don’t have mitra (warning their site is annoyingly slow).

https://www.magickpowerspotions.com/post/kratom-harvest-maturity

https://www.magickpowerspotions.com/post/2-0-mitragynine-in-new-american-kratom-line

I do think that a hydro grower could grow quality Kratom, but I question whether they could provide quantity. 

kratom mod Grower

@Andrew-Goldin I'll do my best to dig a little deeper and answer some of those questions. As far as the younger trees go, I have two that are 7ft tall and 2 years old and several that are 5 foot in about a year old and have yet to harvest anything viable off of them and I sure want them to produce something. They are healthy and robust

kratom mod Grower

I went to the guys kava bar this morning to see his set up. Nice place tried his Green strain tea that was also very nice. More about his hydroponic supplier. he said it's all coming out of Dubai. He had pictures of the operation but that was some time ago and can't find them he's going to have the guy send him some more. But he said the place is a size of a super Walmart with clean rooms lighting everything you could possibly imagine he said it's unimaginable. The product he has, based on first impression, is better than anything I'm currently getting. Granted I've only tried one strain, so we will see. Hopefully he will get some pictures and I can post them here

last edited by roadkill
kratom mod Flowers Grower

I didn’t think it was even legal there. Would love to try some hydro leaf, is the bar in the Tampa/St Pete area?

@roadkill what’s the name of the bar? No reason to keep it secret, I’m sure their customers are sharing the name. I’d like to try it. I am a bit skeptical about his claims of it coming from Dubai. The real estate is insanely expensive there. Did the warehouse pics you saw clearly show kratom plants? I’m reading the United Arab Emirates prohibited kratom a few years ago. 

last edited by Andrew Goldin
kratom mod Grower

@roadkill said:

<p>I was talking to a guy this weekend that owns a Kratom bar locally. He was talkin to me about his source and was telling me it's hydroponically grown and that the quality is superb. Which got me to thinking. If it takes 4 or 5 years before the plant is producing the proper alkaloids how can they possibly be hydroponically growing trees of that size? Or is there a way to produce what we want in shorter periods of time and on smaller plants</p>

I just saw an ad for wholesale at $ 10/kg 10,000 kg min. Hard to believe hydro can be done cheaper.