these two trees are the same a

these two trees are the same age and grown less than 20ft apart from trunk to trunk.

the first one has had it's soil amdended over the years. Stepped it up with broken coconut shells, mango tree mulch, bone meal, grass clippings, bananas/ tree/ leaf, fish fertilizer, it's also where I dump the coffee pot in the am. This has resulted in large growths of mushrooms and visible white filaments into the top of the developing soil.

The other one fends for it's self for the most part. 

last edited by will

@will said:

<p>the first one has had it's soil amdended over the years. Stepped it up with broken coconut shells, mango tree mulch, bone meal, grass clippings, bananas/ tree/ leaf, fish fertilizer, it's also where I dump the coffee pot in the am. This has resulted in large growths of mushrooms and visible white filaments into the top of the developing soil.</p> <p>The other one fends for it's self for the most part. </p>

...so the smaller one got all the love but the neglected one became a monster? LOL

Fat trunked Kratom is awesome!
last edited by peteypyro

With other types of trees those low sucker branches are considered undesirable. They steal energy and nutrients from the part of the tree you really want to grow. 

@pete2000 this might be the exception. The main branch is at a heavy angle and supports a monster amount of canopy, where most branches are trained to grow towards the ground within the 1st 8ft of tree.

I'd like to cut it back at some point as it could do some damage coming down. But it's also stuck in a state of constant flower.  The neglected tree flowers once a year and grows much more slowly.

last edited by will

@pete2000 ironically the one with the suckers is a Mammoth compared to the other.

@will The big one had a split in its trunk? Looks better.

afaik, sadly, well fed herbs, kratoms, veggies, cannabis, poppies, etc tend to produce more growth, but sometimes less flowering,  and worse yet, weak product. My best dill grows in virtually recycled concrete gravel with little water. No fertilizing yields a fragrant strong herb, albeit slow growing. Maybe those older red-veined leaves have been fed alkaloids from the trunks sap for so long, they are more potent than leaves that grow too quickly? 

There is so much to learn about this plant (and many others)

I'm curious as to whether Kratom's potency increases OR decreases with more watering in of certain minerals. Stress, chemically or otherwise, may trigger increased production  of alkaloids. I'd love to find out either way 

Kratom kricket sure stresses Indo out😄

last edited by peteypyro

great looking trunks on those trees. How is the product from them?

@roadkill I got 15 nice fresh leaves from @guywithtrees last year.  They were fresh and made good tea. 

I think domestic Kratom can be competitive as to potency, but to do it cheaper than the Indonesians can,  where it truely grows well wild... idk. 

I'm preping in case of an export ban from Indonesia. 

If it ever is banned federally, then we're all doomed.  👿 (I'll have to kill my baby trees !) 🌲🌲🌲🌲🌲🌲🌲🌲🌲🌲🌲🌲🌲🌲🌲🌲🌲🌲🌲🌲🌲🌲🌲🌲🌲🌲🌲🌲🌲🌲🌲🌲🌲🌲🌲🌲🌲🌲🌲🌲 😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭

Lol

last edited by peteypyro