@guywithtrees delivered a wond

@guywithtrees delivered a wonderful tree to me today! I’ve done some research and settling on these few items, grow light, green house, and a humidifier, before I pull the trigger on buying these does anyone have any tips? Especially regarding the 600 W red/blue grow light, is that a good one to use for Kratom?

that's a beauty.  He has nice plants too.  That thing, in the ground,  will be maybe this big, in 1 year. YMMV

Indonesian, Thai,  Vietnamese, and Malaysian,  at 1 year

Topped at 6 months to induce bushiness.😉

last edited by peteypyro

j've been feeding that small guy coffee each am. Was just starting to see a deepening in the green on fresh new growth. Please do keep is updated!

last edited by will

@will yeah, saw the pair of yellowish chlorotic leaves. Its greening up nicely now. Potted ones are touchy😳

@SpaceMarine  you mentioned you’re in South Florida. No way to get your new plant outside?

@pete2000 I’m in a perfect kratom growing region just a few miles from the Gulf Stream, but alas, I own no land. Also, bugs eat plants like crazy here, and if the bugs don’t get to it, the people will. It’s a decent neighborhood but it’s basically the hood at night.

i settled on 1,200 W grow light, with steam humidifier, to create constant rainforest conditions. I’ll play the jungle sounds too once I got it going 😄 gonna be great to get high on kratom while sitting next to the kratom tree and basking in the intense purple light 

@will should I keep putting coffee grounds on it? I never drink coffee, but I would do it for the tree, and my wife would probably be happy with daily coffee

@SpaceMarine

That’s a shame, growing outdoors is the way to go if you can. Is the greenhouse intended to be used with a hanging light - braces to support weight and hanger, openings for cords, etc?

@SpaceMarine I get bags of free used coffee grounds from Starbucks. They are rich in nutrients and their acidity has been brewed out of it. Its almost neutral pH.  I use lots around mine. They love it, but bugs hate the smell. Great soil top ammendment. 

just dont use new coffee as its too acidic for most soil types here.

last edited by peteypyro

@peteypyro how do you aquire said coffee grinds?

@SpaceMarine Maybe a big 50 gallon planter on wheels? It would LOVE the sunshine, and could be wheeled inside in case of frost, or in case of nosy neighbors. 

I really don't think that people recognize Kratom trees, yet. It should be safe from theft if in a heavy planter. It's just a pretty plant, right? 

or pretty ugly Bush .... or big bushy tree in training..

Just ask KratomwatchDog Sandy...Spoiled Sandy dog.

@guywithtrees

Step one)  enter Starbucks. 

Step two) look in hugh hugh flower pot labeled 'Grounds for the Garden'. Help yourself 

Step three) if nothing is in hugh, hugh flower pot,  then ask cashier for them

Step four) buy a coffee or leave a tip.  The grounds are free !😜

@guywithtrees.   Free is good 😳

sometimes....they only have the 55 gallon bags full. No tiny 10 pounders. Once I got 60~80 pounds, after a busy weekend

@peteypyro yes but that is perfect. Heck I'd ride around town for free coffee grounds. 

@guywithtrees said:

<p>@peteypyro yes but that is perfect. Heck I'd ride around town for free coffee grounds. </p>

Dunkin used to give them away too, but stopped, saying that people tried to brew weak coffee with it. Liability fears.😥

last edited by peteypyro

@peteypyro just scored more starbuck's used pods...

30 lbs of it. Get yours today!!! edited to emphasize FREE

last edited by peteypyro

@peteypyro I went to Starbucks. One place gave it to me no problem. The other told me they don't offer it at this time due to covid safety from corporate.....

that is one thing that I've neglected to do is put coffee grounds on my plants. Can you give them too much?